PTA exists and raises funds not only to enhance your child’s education and create special events & programs that positively impact all students and the school community, but to support MME parents as well!
GET INVOLVED WITH THE PTA
Ways Get Involved:
Come meet MME’s hardworking volunteer PTA members at the Welcome Back Fiesta and learn about upcoming PTA sponsored events.
Become a member of the 2023-2024 MME PTA by filling out a quick google form and paying the $12 Annual Membership fee.
Are you bilingual? If so, we have an urgent need for bilingual volunteers to assist in creating the Spanish version of the Pony Express and other communications. If interested, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Davis Parent University
Davis Parent University (DPU) is coordinated by the Davis Community-Wide Parent Education Collaborative, and strives to present quality programs and events on topics of interest to Davis families, caregivers, teachers and administrators. More information at Davis Parent University
Site Council Meetings
Site Council meetings are open to the public and our school community members are encouraged to attend. The voting members of the MME SC are made up of parents and a variety of school staff–both certificated and classified. Each year voting member positions open and an election is held. We encourage you to come and see school governance in action. Site Council
YCFF (Yolo Center for Families)
Yolo Center for Families is a program of Empower Yolo, a nonprofit agency that has an office and center at MME – the Marguerite Montgomery Elementary Yolo Center for Families (MME YCFF – which is open Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays & Fridays 8:30am to 3:00pm and is located in Room M-1.
2023-2024 Programs Include:
- Curriculum: Círculo, Math & Literacy Night Series, Science Fair, 6th Grade Outdoor Education, Classroom & Library Books, Computer Lab
- Fine Arts: Missoula Children’s Theatre Week, Fine Arts Grants to Teachers (Performance, Visual, and Literary Arts)
- Bike Safety: Safe Routes to School, Active4.me Scanning Program, International/National Walk/Bike to School Days
- Hospitality: Teacher & Staff Appreciation (Back-to-School Luncheon, Fall/Spring Conference Weeks, Holiday Treat Boxes for Teachers & Staff, Teacher Appreciation Week, End of Year Luncheon), Event Support
- Campus & Garden: Campus Beautification, Gardens
- Teacher Support: Grants including: Teacher & Specialist Classroom Funds, Grade Level Field Trip Funds, SEAL Materials, Professional Development, & Book Fair Credit
- Parent Support: ¡Intercambio!, Parent Education, Parent Newsletter in English or Spanish.