PTA exists and raises funds not only to enhance your child’s education and create special events & programs that positively impact all students and the school community, but to support MME parents as well!
Weekly Food Boxes from Yolo Food Bank Every Tuesday @ 11am-1pm @ MME
Yolo Food Bank is now distributing pre-filled boxes with food supplies for families in need. Distribution will take place on Tuesdays between 11am-1pm at MME.
Free Curbside School Meals Monday through Friday 11am-1pm
DJUSD is serving free curbside meals to all children 18 and under through December 31, 2020, as funding allows. Meals available at:
Montgomery Elementary – 1441 Danbury Street, Davis, CA 95618
Harper Junior High – 4000 E. Covell Blvd., Davis, CA 95618
Davis Senior High – Pick up in the parking lot, behind the All Student Center
Patwin Elementary – 2222 Shasta Drive, Davis, CA 95616
MME’s wishing tree is back and it’s going virtual! Take the time to give and/or receive this holiday season. https://montgomery.djusd.net/
Davis Parent University
Davis Parent University (DPU) is coordinated by the Davis Community-Wide Parent Education Collaborative, and strives to present quality programs and events on topics of interest to Davis families, caregivers, teachers and administrators. More information at Davis Parent University
Site Council Meetings
Site Council meetings are open to the public and our school community members are encouraged to attend. The voting members of the MME SC are made up of parents and a variety of school staff–both certificated and classified. Each year voting member positions open and an election is held. We encourage you to come and see school governance in action. Site Council
YCFF (Yolo Center for Families)
Yolo Center for Families is a program of Empower Yolo, a nonprofit agency that has an office and center at MME – the Marguerite Montgomery Elementary Yolo Center for Families (MME YCFF – which is open Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays & Fridays 8:30am to 3:00pm and is located in Room M-1.
2020-2021 Programs Include:
- Curriculum: Círculo, Math & Literacy Night Series, Science Fair, 6th Grade Outdoor Education, Classroom & Library Books, Computer Lab
- Fine Arts: Missoula Children’s Theatre Week, Fine Arts Grants to Teachers (Performance, Visual, and Literary Arts)
- Bike Safety: Safe Routes to School, Active4.me Scanning Program, International/National Walk/Bike to School Days
- Hospitality: Teacher & Staff Appreciation (Back-to-School Luncheon, Fall/Spring Conference Weeks, Holiday Treat Boxes for Teachers & Staff, Teacher Appreciation Week, End of Year Luncheon), Event Support
- Campus & Garden: Campus Beautification, Gardens
- Teacher Support: Grants including: Teacher & Specialist Classroom Funds, Grade Level Field Trip Funds, SEAL Materials, Professional Development, & Book Fair Credit
- Parent Support: ¡Intercambio!, Parent Education, Parent Newsletter in English or Spanish.